Date of Last Revesion: 07/27/2020
OUR PLEDGE REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand that information about you and your health care is personal and we are committed to protecting such personal information. We will create records of the care you receive from Providers through our Service. We do so to provide you with quality care and to comply with any legal requirements.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect Personal Information about you directly from you or from the Services you receive through the Site. “Personal Information” means information about you that is personally identifiable to you, such as your name, date of birth, social security number, driver license number, government identification numbers, telephone number, email address, financial account or credit card information, and other information that may be used to identify you, including your health information.
The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Service. The Personal Information we collect or maintain about you may include:
- Demographic information such as your name, age, email address, username, password, and other registration information;
- Health information that you provide us or which is collected about you through the Service which may include information or records relating to your medical, family or health history, diagnoses, health status, treatment, diagnostic test results, diagnostic images, prescription information, and other health related information;
- Information about you obtained by the Provider who provides health care services to you through the Service, including any examination notes;
- Billing information that you provide us, such as credit card information;
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, your device identifier, and other information about how you use the Site or App;
- Information from Apple HealthKit, to the extent you choose to sync your HealthKit data with us; and
- Other information you input into the Site or App.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
As you use the Site, App or the Service, certain information may be passively collected by small pieces of information that a website sends to your browser while you are viewing a website (“Cookies”), navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (“URLs”) and third party tracking services, including but not limited to:
- Site Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site or App, such as the content of the searches you perform.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site or App from a computer or other device, we may collect information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times (collectively, “Device Information”).
- Mobile Services. We may collect non-personal information from your mobile device or computer. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the application(s) and information about the type of device or computer you use. In addition, in the event our App crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our application(s).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you;
- To improve the quality of our Services;
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis
- To create De-identified Information (information that removes identifiers such that the remaining data is unlikely to be able to be used to re-identify a person) such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of the Service.
- To notify you when Site or App updates are available.
- To market and promote the Site, App and Service to you.
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization.
When you register for an Account with us or download the App, we will send an email to the email address you provide and may also send a text message to the phone number you provide. We may also send you marketing emails to encourage you to use our Service again or to tell you about new online services we are launching. You may unsubscribe from these marketing emails at any time.
By giving us your email address and phone number you are agreeing to us sending you emails and text messages. It will be clear to anyone who sees the emails or text messages that the emails come from Jetdoc. Anyone who gets or has access to an email or text that we send to you can read, forward, copy, delete, or change it. This includes people who have permission to read your emails and texts and those who do not.
If applicable, data associated with the Apple HealthKit is used for clinical care and healthcare management. We do not use or disclose HealthKit data for advertising, marketing, or other use-based data mining purposes other than improving health management.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide for the following purposes:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential.
- Any third parties that you direct us to disclose your information to.
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order
- When, in accordance with law, we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Jetdoc’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
- Aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may request a copy of your Personal Information maintained by us by submitting an access request via email to [email protected]. We may charge you a fee for the costs of copying and mailing your records, as well as other costs associated with your request. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for us to process and respond to your request.
AMENDMENT TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may amend and update Personal Information that you have submitted through the Site or the App. Requests to modify any information, including any information that exists in Provider notes, may be submitted to [email protected]. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for us to process and respond to your request. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the App for a period of time.
LIMITATIONS ON DELETION OF INFORMATION
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our Site, App, and Services may contain links to third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND THE STORING OF YOUR PHI ELECTRONICALLY
We understand the importance of protecting your Personal Information and take our security obligations very seriously. We take a number of steps to safeguard the privacy and security of all electronic communications we send to you and that you may send to us through the Site or App. We also take a number of steps to safeguard the security of your Personal Information that we store in our various electronic systems. However, any device or application connected to the Internet is susceptible to a security breach, despite the level of administrative, technical, and physical safeguards employed. This means that there is a risk that unauthorized parties may be able to access and read electronic communications about you or pertaining to the health care services that you obtain through the Service. By using the Service, you agree that you have read, understand, and accept this risk.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
CHILDREN UNDER 18
Users of our Service must be at least 18 years of age to create an account. Any child under the age of 18 is permitted to use our Service only with the consent of a parent or legal guardian. If we are made aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Service or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at [email protected].
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY